Being the last day of the school term 3, I am reflecting on how much has happened in the last 10 weeks and gosh it has been a lot!!!!
- 22 medical appointments
- Her skin graft healed and she could get wet again… baths and the beach!
- First family holiday away since Mia became ill.
- Received her first prosthetic legs and started learning to walk again.
- Wore her legs for a full day at school.
- Rode a bike again.
- 12 media events to raise funds for Mia and increase Sepsis awareness.
- 6 fundraising events.
- Receiving overwhelming strength and support from people near and far. THANK YOU!!!!
- 1 new stylish hair cut!
- Many moments of love, fun, cheekiness and giggles.
- Moments of sadness and questions… Why do people stare at me? When will I not have a teacher aide with me? Walking is too hard. I wish I had never gotten sick. 😞
- Connecting with new friends locally, Australia wide and worldwide for much needed, invaluable support.
So much has happened and I can’t believe it has all happened in just 10 weeks. It feels like a many months ago that we were still giving her bucket baths and her knee was still healing!