Learn about Sepsis
We strongly encourage everyone to learn about Sepsis and to encourage their families and friends to do the same. Had we known about Sepsis, we could have asked: “Could it be Sepsis?”
- Sepsis happens very, very fast!!!
- Symptoms look like gastro or flu.
- You might not have all of the symptoms.
- Go to hospital if you are more unwell than you have ever felt before.
- If your child or family member is more unwell than you have ever seen them, go to emergency department.
- Return to hospital if you are still worried. If your gut tells you this isn’t right, go back.
- Ask medical staff “Could it be Sepsis?” and “I want to be screened for Sepsis.”
Please click on the links below and watch the videos.
Please read the posters at the bottom with possible symptoms. A Sepsis sufferer might only have one of these symptoms. Everyone presents differently.
Over a short 48 hour period, Mia had a vomiting and diarrhoea, fever, extreme muscle pain, constantly tired, incoherent/disorientated and finally a rash that faded when pressed.